Thursday, December 1, 2011

Spongey's Christmas Carol #1: The Santa Clause

Hello, and welcome to Spongey's christmas carol.

I had a hard time choosing what my first review would be. But thankfully, ABC Family gave me an idea!

This is..

The Santa Clause.

Here's the basic premise:

Tim Allen plays Scott Calvin, who is sharing custody of some kid, and since this is a movie, the Ex's boyfriend is an asshole. On Christmas Eve, Scott finds Santa is on the roof. Santa falls and dies. Yes, dies from falling off a roof. You know-for kids!

They go on Santa's sleigh, travel to the nort pole,where an elf informs Scott that if santa dies, the person who puts on his clothes becomes the new Santa. They go home, and Scott thinks it was all a dream, but soon he finds it wasn't as he slowly turns into santa clause.

I'm gonna say it: i love this movie.

This one of Tim Allen's best live action movies in my opinion. He's actually pretty funny, and cool in this movie.

This one of the movies i wanted to put on my best Christmas specials list, but there was no room. I like how the story progresses, and it feels natural rather than forced.

I can't say too much about this movie without really spoiling it.

To sum things up[, this christmas movie is pretty funny and heartwarming, and ads real depth to the santa myth.

Short, but hey, at least i did it!

See ya tomorrow. i have no hint for this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment